3/19/2009

Detroit 1.5, or Quick Update

Having checked in and registered, I know the following things:
- My first bout is the earlier of the two time slots (starts at 8), and I'm performing in the YMCA theater, which is GREAT. I love that venue, and I won't have to deal with the noise and distraction of a bar, especially because tonight's pieces are quieter than tomorrow nights'.
- I'm up against Maya in my first bout.
- Tomorrow night's bout is in the bar. *sigh* Well, we'll see how it goes - can "Bilingual" reach people in a bar?
- The "poet bags" - tote bags they give us at registration with all sorts of information and goodies - contain bars of dark chocolate this year. Also, free flip flops, which are too small, but considerate nonetheless, and a really excellent tshirt that has one a silhouette of my mentors, Dee Matthews, silk-screened across the front with the words "Girls Aloud!" underneath it.

Now I'm off to eat some soup and rest my voice, and get ready for tonight's bout!

1 comment:

gillis said...

hey dane,
i hope (and am sure) that you kick ass in your bouts! i don't know if poets have a superstition about 'good luck' like actors do, but just to be safe i will say that i hope it goes very well.
-gillis