7/16/2011

Portland 1, or When We Were Happy

In the year I turned 25, I took my first-ever non-family-or-work-related vacation. Secret Agent Lover Man and I have descended on our fair sister to the south: Portland. (Not that one, family - the West Coast Portland.)

Portland seems determined to charm us, from the markets to the food carts to the four-story City of Books. Let me also mention here: the free hotel breakfast, that included bacon-braised greens. The homemade gnocchi from the collection of food carts, dressed simply with fresh tomato and basil. The carnival foods, glistening, crispy and so many shades of brown. I feel full - stuffed on books and food and the ever-delightful company of SALM.

Tomorrow: food pictures, I promise. Today: just two pictures of the market's bounty.




2 comments:

Jake said...

If I get into school in Portland, you guys should move there with us! *grin* I can't wait to see you in two and a half weeks!!!! Love!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bracelet! And sounds like a much needed and happy vacation!
LYVLM