6/27/2011

Seattle 161, or Nesting Bird 2

I happen to have some incredibly talented friends. Having their creativity around (in the form of books, photos, paintings, etc) is encouraging, nourishing, and sometimes downright cheerful. Check out my wall of Abby, the brilliant card designer. Here you see (from left to right):

A. A valentine's day card with a lemon on it that says "my main squeeze."
B. A belated birthday card of a giant nose that says "hope your birthday didn't blow!"
C. A card she sent me after my last knee surgery with some cheery nectarines.
D. A Rosh Hashanna card with two little blue shofarot on them.
E. A card she did not make, but picked perfectly for my birthday last year that says "I'm writing you a poem for your birthday. / What rhymes with 'huge penis?'"


These aren't the only ones - her "Tofu: the other White Meat" card sits above my desk, and this year's birthday card is sitting with the others, on my bookshelf, where they'll slowly retire to the walls.

Having Abby's work around makes me feel incredibly loved. She's a piece of my home.

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.