7/06/2009

Seattle 40, or Birthday Party

At least six people must've asked me if I was having fun. This cracked me up to no end. How could I not be having fun? Over a dozen people came to celebrate my birthday in my new (clean, shiny, freshly swept) house, brought all my favorite foods (pesto, sundried tomato hummus, fresh-baked corn rye bread, big bowls of cherries, a brownie banana cake...and much more), played games that left us all laughing ($64 pyramid anyone?) and helped clean it all up before they went home.

Oh, and Tamar made everyone sing Happy Birthday. I heard harmonies. I nearly went deaf. How could I be here only three months and have enough friends to sing the roof off my house? How does any one person get to be so lucky?

3 comments:

DainMDown said...

by being the type of person who would have done the same for any one of us

Anonymous said...

How Lovely! says Grandma.
and the critique the other night was fabulous! Can we get him published in the Seattle Times?
Love,
YVLM

Jake said...

$64,000 pyramid!!!! So wish I'd been there! Also, yeah, having friends is awesome...