6/10/2009

Seattle 28: Soon To Be Released

Yes, I know it's blurry. Click on it, and you should see a large, clear image. This is the tentative cover for my new book - first time I've ever done my own cover art.



It's almost all short pieces, which is unusual for me - there's only one piece in there I'd consider "slammy," and I've never slammed it before. Anyway, here's one of the pieces. I wrote the first draft during National Poetry Writing Month, when I was doing the 30 poems/30 days challenge.

comfort

hardwood, sweet pea, woodsmoke, soup,
pickle brine, stubble, sourdough,
eggs, lake water, roots, windows,
fog, raspberry, suede,
river rock, rope, aloe, licorice,
tea, breast, coffee bean, microphone,
wool, red, knife, coals, strings,
paper, cotton, lemon, wine,
alto, apple, coffee, pulse


No comments: