4/26/2007

Praha 51, or In Which I Make A Series of Short Lists In Lieu Of a Real Entry

Things in This Picture

1) Me.
2) A park on the Pest side of Budapest.
3) A Subway Sandwich. Which, I might add, was not my idea, but I was starving and it was the only thing around.
4) A bottle of partially carbonated water. This stuff, which looks like water and tastes like flat seltzer, should be outlawed. If I wanted bubbles, I'd buy the bloody seltzer.
5) Two very evil eyebrows. They are attempting to tell the sandwich that it is about to be destroyed in a particularly harsh manner.

Things I Bought from Tesco* Today

1) Nutritional Yeast
2) English Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese
3) Crushed Tomatoes
4) Cheese-Flavored Pretzels
5) "Natural" Peanut Butter

*Tesco: The epitome of what's going wrong with Europe. Tesco is the Wal*Mart of Europe. There is a giant one in downtown Praha, which I have avoided as much as possible. But today, when I found nutritional yeast, I broke down immensely. To find out more about nutritional yeast, click here.

Things I Am Looking Forward To in no order whatsoever)

1) Finishing final exams.
2) Free water in restaurants. Free bread, for that matter.
3) English. Everywhere.
4) Numerous people, who are too numerous to list.
5) Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar.
6) Annie's Macaroni and Cheese.
7) Another picnic in Letna on Sunday with Jill and Heather and possibly Marjorie.
8) Attending workshops thrown by the Fabulous Apparatus Collective*
9) A chance to romp about in grassy meadows with my goofball of a partner.
10) The dinner parties that I keep mentally planning during Jewish History class.
11) The visit from my Czech-American "family", which I am anticipating with much delight.

*For more information on Fabulous Apparatus Collective, check out some of their latest compilations here and here or email fabulousapparatus at gmail dot com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad that I was not the hero sandwich in the picture, you look so fiercely at it! Who is your "Czech family"? Hope the presentations this week went well and that the finals go well also. Looking forward to see you soon!
LYPijcqaab

Dane said...

My "Czech family" are one Czech-American cardiologist/beekeeper/brewer and his lovely elder daughter who are making their way to Prague for a weekend conference.

Anonymous said...

I could hear that sandwhich screaming all the way over here.."Nooo Dannneeee Noooooo Don't eat meeee nooooo!"

Love ya
Annie

Elliot Coale said...

1. Really like the picture. ;)

2. GAAAH!!!! Wal-Mart has taken over the world!!!

3. WE (speaking for myself as well as the rest of everyone who adores you) CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE YOU HOME!!!!!!!!