4/18/2007

Praha 46, or Borrowed from Tevye

On the one hand, it has turned cloudy and cold again in Praha. On the other hand, the days are longer than ever.

On the one hand, today is the Day of Silence, for which I am not speaking for an entire day to commemorate the lost voices of queer (gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender) folks. On the other hand, I am allowed to laugh. And I have.

On the one hand, I spent yesterday swimming in a swamp of Amnesty International articles about Guantanamo Bay. On the other hand, I found a new blog to read, which is full of quirky and beautiful insights.

On the one hand, I miss my various home kitchens: my mother's kitchen, the kosher kitchen, the kitchen of my house at school. On the other hand, I found nutritional yeast in Prague.

On the one hand, I found delicious, healthy nutritional yeast in Prague. On the other hand, I found it in a store/restaurant run by Christian evangelists.

On the one hand, it's less than a month until I board my 8am flight to go home. On the other hand, I am just beginning to think I like this place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...if you're coming back in less than a month, does that mean that you'll be here for graduation? Because you should be! Because u r awesome.

Anonymous said...

On one hand, you are a nut! On the other hand you are a sweet nut! Now what happens if you are ambi- dexterous?

LYP

Anonymous said...

On the one hand I knew this would happen - that you'd finally like Prague when it was time to come home, and on the other hand I'm glad it finally did!
Love ya,
M.

Sara said...

Always had faith in you. You do try to find silver lining in the clouds of Praha (and Poland!).

I want to hear of your summer plans... :) e-mail me at saralinds@aol.com