7/05/2010

Seattle 123, or A Very Merry Unbirthday


I planned my birthday party so it would fall about two weeks after my birthday. I invited all my friends, including some poets to do a special feature poetry show as the main entertainment. Then I sat down and planned the menu. The party was a potluck, but I wanted to be sure certain elements made it to the table. For example: at least one loaf of my sourdough.

(Pictured at right, and below - two different loaves. They're pretty much the most beautiful breads I've managed to make yet.)

Also: garlic scapes, and summer fruits, like baby apricots. Olive tapenade. Pasta salad.


It was a wonderful party, complete with poems and a rousing game of Le Poop, or That Game We All Played That One Thanksgiving With The Proper Nouns in a Hat. At least one person found a new poetry addiction. There was laughter, and twilight, and rose petal lemonade with sweet tea and good cheeses. There was a decadent chocolate-raspberry cake, and a perfectly seasoned strawberry rhubarb lattice-topped pie. Most everything was homemade.



I hope my birthday celebrations always come with good eating.

*In other news: I have a camera! Expect more food pictures to come!*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello happy unbirthday-girl!

I got positively starving and mouth watered reading your bacchanalian description of your unbirthday menu and would seriously propose to restrict these types of reports from your blog!! The bread especially, I could positively smell the fresh bread aroma wafting from the screen!!
LYP

Anonymous said...

looks great!, good thing I've had dinner already :-),
Pics look good too, camera seems to be working for you...

YLD

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a wonderful party!
Love,
YVLM