4/02/2009

Seattle 1, or Arrival Post

I'm here. I'm happy. I'm starting to get excited.

I'll let you all know more as it comes up - I'm going to see an apartment tonight.

Later...

Well, here's the bad news: the landlord of the house I went to see tonight has changed his mind again, and has decided he's actually going to turn the house into a triplex (read: total remodeling), and he's not going to let his current tenants (of three years) renew their lease.

This is particularly bad, because I liked the house and the housemates almost immediately. The guy I've been in contact with is a massage therapist (AND he's familiar with/has taken workshops about Bowen!!). He and I and one of the other housemates sat and talked for an hour, swapping stories and sharing jokes. The house was warm, beautiful, and inviting. They told me that if I want the room for the month of April, for some place to stay while I (and they) look for other housing, they're not going to show it to anyone else. There's a bed in the room, and space for my stuff. When I told them that I was most anxious about receiving/transporting the boxes coming from Jersey, he smiled and said, "Honey, it's okay. The universe did not just drop you on my doorstep for no reason. No matter where you end up living, we'll take care of you."

(Did I mention the part where everyone in that house radiates gayness? And friendliness?)

And then he gave me a ride back to Maya and Ela's, where we're now relaxing while I cook rice and beans.

Feels good.

3 comments:

gillis said...

don't you just love friendly, gay radiation? i know i do.

Dane said...

Indeed! It was good to find some family on this coast right off the bat (not that Maya and Ela aren't...).

Anonymous said...

*smiles* you're on your way! I believe in you! *hugs* - tamgelb