1/16/2009

New Jersey 26, or Shameless Self Promotion

Hi everyone,

Twice a year, I have the honor of competing in major poetry slams that draw poets from all over the world. This time, there's an exciting bonus - I have the slim, slim chance to compete for free! An online video "slam" will determine one lucky poet who will not have to pay a registration fee.

VOTE HERE


How can you help? By voting! Choose my piece, "Bilingual", and click on the "Vote For This Poem" button. You can vote as many times as you want (as long as you wait five minutes between each vote) to help me amass the most votes.

VOTE HERE:

A word about the piece: right now, "bilingual" is one of my favorite pieces, and is perhaps one of the most well-crafted, heartfelt poems I've ever written. This particular performance, from a competition in North Carolina, is the most powerful reading I've ever given. It truly represents my best work.

VOTE HERE

Please pass this on to anyone who might like to help, and of course, enjoy the poetry!

Cheers,
~Dane

PS It has come to my attention that some folks can't use the link. In that case, please go to www.poetryslam.com and just click through to the voting - big button on the front page. Thanks!

2 comments:

Techie Tranny said...

Between craft and stage presence, I forget how good you are at what you do. You've got a good shot at the competition.

Bueno Suerte.

davka said...

What a great performer you are! I voted for you.