12/17/2008

New Jersey 21, or Dear Universe

Dear Universe,

Okay. I get it. You really really REALLY don't want me to go to Seattle. So much so that you complicated my knee injury and actually ruptured my ACL AGAIN. Which, for any of you following at home, is the same injury I sustained four years ago during my first year at Smith. Which means another, major surgery. And extensive healing time.

I've kept profanity mostly off this blog, but seriously:

Fuck.

Trying hard to keep hoping,
~Dane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dane I am so sorry to hear that your ACL is torn again. We really would love having you out here but it is a good thing that you didn't move and then have to deal with this. I am sending you healing thoughts.
Did they find the rupture during your meniscus surgery?
Love
Ellen

Dane said...

Indeed they did. When they did physical tests for it pre-op (jiggling my knee around and feeling for unnatural movement), my bone was actually lodged in the torn meniscus, creating a false sense of stability. Go figure, right?
Thanks for the love,
~D