12/08/2008

New Jersey 20, or In Which Small Hurdles Are Presented For Leaping Opportunities

I got my diagnosis today: torn meniscus. Which basically mean that the cartilage cushion that keeps my leg and knee bones from bangin' against one another ripped and now there's a tiny piece of cartilage floating around my knee and getting in the way of stuff. Which means they have to go take it out.

It's a small, small minor surgery. 20 minutes on the table, tops.

But it's on the 16th, so that knocks out my last visit north. I wanted to come so badly. I'm still hoping C and J can get down here for Christmas or something to entertain me while I recover. *sigh*

And it just makes things shakier as far as leaving. I want to get out of here. So, so badly. In fact, it actually puts all my earlier worries into perspective by reminding me that the important part is Getting Out Of Jersey. Which now maybe prolonged even further.

Okay. Time to pick up, dust off, and concentrate on the Individual World Poetry slam this week. I mean, what's surgery compared to not having my 3 minute piece memorized? Clearly an urgent matter to be addressed.

2 comments:

gillis said...

Getting Out of New Jersey is truly an important thing, which is why i now live in boston. i hope your knee starts to feel better soon, and good luck memorizing!
your selective Capitalization reminds me very much of one of my favorite books (Winnie the Pooh), which makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

Hey dandu,

Sorry about your miniscus! Hang in there!!!!
I'm thinking of you...
I'm still at HDS, applying for my doctorate and still running. Crazy as ever...-Bizzle