11/23/2008

Boston 1, or Update

I went down to Washington DC this week to visit my dear Abby, who longtime readers will remember was studying abroad in London at the same time I was in Prague. Visiting her this time had the same result as did visiting her two years ago - I was refreshed and energized by the trip.

About halfway through the trip (on the magical Internet bus), I realized how happy I was to be traveling, to be on the road again. I've been really anxious about moving these past few weeks, and taking a trip reminded me that I can totally do this. Abby and I get along pretty effortlessly, and we had a lot of fun making dumplings and pasta and catching up.

I seem to be in a slight writing block right now. I've been sick for almost two weeks with a sore throat and a cough. It doesn't seem to be at all contagious, and it doesn't interfere a whole lot with my life, but it's hard to fall asleep, even with disgusting knock-em-dead cough syrup.

This weekend, I'm in Boston, helping my parents house-search for a new place. (Dad got a new job up here, and my parents are moving!) And now my mother's calling - time to go plan the Thanksgiving menu. This year, we've got our first vegetarian Thanksgiving guest, and I'm dying to break out the tofu.

3 comments:

gillis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gillis said...

where in boston was your family looking for a place to live?
i live right outside of boston, in somerville, right now. if you're still here, we should go get coffee or tea.

Dane said...

Damn, Gillis, I wish I'd posted a day earlier! I'm back in Jerz and probably won't be in Boston until mid-late December. Good to know you're around though!