9/18/2008

Atlanta 2, or Albanian Television

I got to watch Albanian tv via satellite last night. Jonida's in-laws don't speak English, so it's for them, but also for Ema, their two-year old, who is one of the prettiest children I've ever seen. They're raising her bilingual, too. I love hearing her toddler-talk with her grandmother in a language I've heard maybe twice in my life.

Also, Albanian television is radically different from American television in that the late-night programming was a roundtable discussion of the life and work of Jonida's favorite Albanian poet. Seriously? Wow.

Hopping on a plane for Jersey today, while hatching plans for November. I may or may not be postponing my move to Seattle until December. More on that later.

Anyway, those who've been following on through the whole trip - thank you for reading, and for all the notes I looked forward to getting. I'll keep blogging for awhile - so many stories still untold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray, that's great news and welcome back to New Jersey!!

LYP&G