8/18/2008

Seattle 2, or You Asked For It

I was going to update tomorrow, after I'd had the chance to go to queer performance poetry class, and maybe the Wednesday night poetry battle (like a slam, but with pre-selected teams of poets), and my feature at Jack's on Thursday. But since you want to hear...

...I spent the weekend hanging out at Maya and Ela's beautiful apartment. We worked on poems, watched lightning storms across the valley, and watched Star Wars. (Yeah, Dad and Eyore, Star Wars. I'm not kidding.) They have an extra bedroom with a big bed, and the most comfortable post-futon couch I've ever had the luxury of sitting on.

Staying with two cooks means the eating is good, and I'm not allowed in the kitchen, which I pretend is just fine by me. No, really, it is. They're better cooks than I am and I've never had trouble rolling over for a good eggplant-avocado-fried onion-tomato-and-melted-cheese sandwich. Or sauteed eggplant with mushrooms and wild rice. Seriously. I'm more than making up for the two and a half days of granola bars on the train.

I'm making the official decision after queer poetry class tonight, but:

I think I'm going to move here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and not even giving any of the other cities you plan to visit a chance?
good to hear from you... have fun!
Love,
YVVLM