8/13/2008

Minneapolis 3, or Things Of A Puzzling Nature

Here's a haiku I wrote today:

Minneapolis:
You rock so hard on paper.
Why don't I love you?

That pretty much sums up everything I've felt here. All the components for an Excellent Living Place are here: huge farmer's market, secure lefty politics, good poets, winter, good public transportation and the beautiful lakes/art/independent bookstores/etc. Tonight, I gave my feature at the charming Kieran's Irish Pub, and was warmly received by all 12 people. They even bought merchandise! I think I sold five or six books, and a fistful of bumper stickers. Someone even paid with a two dollar bill! I don't remember the last time I saw one of those.

Dear Minneapolis,
Where's the chemistry? I was feeling more groovy with Chicago than with you, and let me tell you, I did not expect to feel that. We've got two more days. Let's try to make this work, okay?
Tentative love,
~Dane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, there's my answer to previous question... glad it went well tonight! and as for the puzzlement, as with any love relationship - don't try to push it and do let it flow if it flows. preconceived notions can get in the way.
love,
yvlm