7/04/2008

For My Sister

Self-Portrait
(c) LK Photography

I've been a member of the art-can-change-your-life club for a long time, but it's also been a long time since I believe a piece of art has actually changed the way I see things. This might be cheating, but my sister created a self-portrait that has completely revolutionized the way I see her. See her left hand, how it's bearing all her weight on her left leg? That one piece makes her look older than she has ever been in my mind's eye.

The revolution is this: she's not my little sister anymore. She's not anybody's little anything.

And only her art could've made me believe that so quickly, so resolutely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, this is awesome! How does she take a picture in this position? It must be self timed and how long after she sets the timer does she have to get into this position? Hats off to your little sister!

LYP&G