6/25/2008

For my father...

...who keeps pestering me about the fact that I 'haven't written much' in the last few weeks. I found this on www.gotpoetry.com:

"Tomatoes have been taking a beating in the press lately, as they are pulled off supermarket shelves and dropped from restaurant menus because of the nationwide salmonella scare. All this talk of killer tomatoes gets the creative juices flowing, though. So we invite you to post here a tomato haiku (the three-lined Japanese poetry)...."

Cook's Tomato Haiku
eat them like apples,
with bits of salt on each bite,
to highlight the sweet

Farming For Profit
he hates tomatoes,
but grows them because they make
such lovely presents

The Obligatory One
sweet moist bites, juice on
chin, spilling seeds over skin
tomato/tongue dance

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love them... each one for itself! Can't wait for good jersey tomato season! Love, YLM

Dane said...

So, why don't you write me one? :-p The idea was to inspire everyone...even Dad...

Anonymous said...

Oh... OK, I'll work on it. My Haiku muscles are a bit flabby!
Love, YLM